- About Our School
- Get Involved! PTA
- Green Folder Files
- PTA and Community Programs
- Counselor's Corner
- OUSD Services - Hot Lunch and Parent Guides
Montclair Language League (MLL) is devoted to providing foreign language instruction for Montclair Elementary School students. We are pleased to offer Italian, Mandarin, French, and Spanish language instruction (languages are based on student demand). Our teachers are professionals in their fields, selected for their fluency and their ability to engage and teach children.
For the past three years MLL has received grants from the Italian Cultural Society on behalf of the Italian Government. Special thanks to Tonia Prencipe and Marco Salari for helping to secure these grants! For more information on the grant, please go to: www.italiancenter.net.
• All Montclair kindergarteners receive Spanish instruction, four days a week, during class hours as part of the curriculum.
• Tax-deductible donations made by kindergarten families make this program possible - our suggested donation for 2012-2013 is $475.00 (tax id#: 94-2472845). You may go directly to the donation website or download the form and bring your donation to the school office.
• Click here to download our Kindergarten Spanish donation form.
Before and After School Program – Multiple Levels
• The before and after school language program is open to K– 5th graders.
• Students may choose from Italian, Mandarin, French, and Spanish before school and Spanish after school.
• Classes meet for 30 minutes, four days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday).
• Morning classes run from 7:55am-8:25am.
• Afternoon classes run from 2:50pm-3:20pm.
The repetition and consistency of meeting four days a week, rather than one or two, has been proven effective when teaching language to children. Students attend classes appropriate for their level of proficiency and their age.
Tuition and Enrollment
Tuition for our before and after school program is $740 for the entire year ($700 for each additional sibling). Space is limited so admission is based on a first-come, first-served basis. We are pleased to offer a limited number of financial aid scholarships and welcome scholarship applications.
Registration for the 2012-13 school year is closed.
What to Expect
• 95 – 100% interactive use of the foreign language in the classroom.
• Dynamic, fun, interactive and engaging instruction from fluent speakers.
• Exposure to the culture, games, songs, poems, and literature of places around the world.
• Use of a wide range of manipulatives, visuals, and audio tools.
• A safe and comfortable learning environment that fosters children using their new language skills.
• A gradual and academic sequence that will provide students with a coherent and cohesive method to learn the language from Kindergarten to 5th grade.
MLL is a parent run, non-profit, tax-exempt public benefit corporation connected to Montclair Elementary School. Below are the parent volunteers who make up the MLL Board:
Administrator: Mari Patton (email@example.com)
Board Secretary: Corinne Whittall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Communications Director: Kari Stewart (email@example.com)
Curriculum Coordinator: Maria Grazia De Angelis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Personnel Coordinator: Carla Crampton (email@example.com)
Registrar: Maggie Rogers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Treasurer: Stephanie Durran (email@example.com)
Please feel free to contact Maggie Rogers with any questions you may have about the Montclair Language League!
Adios! Ciao! Zai jian! Au Revoir!